updated ayurveda views
- Diseases are acidosis: Most diseases are acidosis. Hence, when the patients are put on an alkaline program (not just an alkaline diet) they start improving rapidly.
- Plant-Based Foods: Increasing interest in plant-based diets due to health and environmental concerns. People are incorporating more plant-based proteins (legumes, tofu, tempeh) and exploring plant-based alternatives to meat, dairy, and eggs.
- Functional Foods: Rising popularity of foods with added health benefits beyond basic nutrition. This includes probiotics, prebiotics, foods fortified with vitamins and minerals, and products with added antioxidants.
- Mindful Eating and Portion Control: Focus on mindful eating practices to improve relationship with food, emphasizing conscious eating, slower eating pace, and paying attention to hunger and satiety cues. Portion control is also becoming crucial to manage calorie intake.
- Personalised Nutrition: Tailoring diets according to individual needs, genetics, microbiome, and health goals. This involves using apps, genetic testing, or consultations with nutritionists to create personalised meal plans. Usually, the foundation for almost all patients will be alkaline based nutrition program.
- Cooking Techniques and Methods: Shift towards healthier cooking methods such as air frying, steaming, and grilling instead of deep frying. Also, a growing interest in meal prepping and planning for convenience and healthier eating habits.
- Breakfast Evolution: Changing breakfast patterns, including intermittent fasting, skipping breakfast, or consuming protein-rich morning meals to sustain energy levels throughout the day.
- Importance of Gut Health: Recognizing the significance of a healthy gut microbiome for overall health. This involves consuming more fiber-rich foods, fermented foods (like yogurt, kefir, kimchi), and avoiding excessive intake of processed foods and antibiotics.
- Reduced Sugar Consumption: More awareness regarding the negative effects of excessive sugar intake on health, leading to a shift towards natural sweeteners, reduced sugar products, and increased label reading for hidden sugars.
- Mind-Body Connection: Acknowledging the impact of stress, emotions, and mental health on eating habits. Encouraging practices like meditation, mindfulness, and stress reduction to promote healthier eating behaviors.
- Sustainable and Ethical Eating: Growing interest in sustainable and ethical food choices, including supporting local produce, reducing food waste, and choosing foods that align with ethical and environmental values.
- Improved Childhood Diet: Ultimately, we all need to go back to our childhood eating practices, after improving or optimising it.