What is the cost structure at vaidyagrama?
- The cost of single accomodation plus simple diet vegetarian food is US$ 35 per person per day
- The cost of shared accomodation (two per room) plus simple diet vegetarian food is US$ 25 per person per day
- The cost of accomodation, treatment, medicines during treatment, consultations and simple diet vegetarian food together varies between US$ 65 and US$ 125 per person per day
- The above cost also includes access to the following activities at vaidyagrama - morning and evening prayers, satsang or discussions, yoganidra sessions, cooking sessions, weekly community dinner and any other such programs that may be organised from time to time
- The above cost does not include the cost of incidentals like laundry, telephone, internet, airport transfers, take-home medicines and other miscellaneous expenditure which will be billed at actuals
Can you explain what is the difference in the Treatment at vaidyagrama if the rate is between 65$ and 125$, if everybody has only one treatment per day?
- The treatments and medicines/oils used for each patient is dependent on the physician's assessment of the patient's need. As you are aware, we use more than 400 different herbs as well as more than 100 different medicated oils - the true benefit to the patient is derived only when the appropriate combination of herbs/oils are used; and this depends on the physician's assessment of the patient's condition
- Many a time, while we believe that all is well with us, the same is not true; when the treatment commences, then some of these "hidden" problems come out (many a time the patient is not even aware of these hidden problems) - this is true for most patients who come to us and then those problems need to be addressed
- It is not about whether treatments are given once or twice a day - it is completely depending on the patient's medical need that the treatments are determined; there are occasions when patients are given 2 treatments a day
- The variation in cost is dependent on primarily the type of treatment that is selected to be given; and the type of herbs and oils that are going to be used for the duration you are here
If I do not take treatment on particular days, will I still be charged?
- vaidyagrama is a hospital; NOT a hotel. Hence if a patient does not take treatment against the advice of the physicians, then he/she will still be charged
- If a patient decides to leave the hospital for a few hours and does not come back in time to take the treatment at the prescribed time, vaidyagrama or the physicians will not be held responsible and the full charge will be applicable
- However, due to medical reasons, if the physicians decide not to give treatment on certain days to a patient, then the appropriate amount will be reduced for those days
What is the check-in and check-out time in vaidyagrama?
- if a patient takes treatment on the day of admission in vaidyagrama, it is treated as a full day
- if a patient takes treatment on the day of discharge from vaidyagrama, again it is treated as a full day
- if a patient checks in after 6pm on day of admission and checks out before 6am on day of discharge, both the days are not considered for the billing process
- if a patient checks in after 8pm on day of admission and checks out after 10am on day of discharge, it is taken as one day in the billing process